Tuesday, October 10, 2006

This is my crazy cat, BOBO. I rescued him when he was about 2 weeks old. I had gone to a job site to measure for an cost estimate and noticed some activity from a roofing crew next door. As I watched, one of the lunkheads heaved this tiny black and white object onto the hot shingled roof. I was horrified to see it was a small kitten. I walked over, removed a ladder from the front of the house and moved it so I could climb up to get it down. When I got down, I looked this tiny creature over and saw that a large section of it's tail had been burned. I set it on the ground and asked who was responsible for this idiocy. The one I had seen toss it on the roof walked up to me and stated "Me, and now watch what I do to it!" He walked toward it as if to kick it like a football. I reached out and stopped him. He then grabbed the front of my shirt, pulling my chest hair painfully, so I did what came naturally. I clocked him a sharp punch to the adam's apple. He went down like a rock and began choking and gurgling. I honestly thought I had done bad damage to him. The 3 other crewmen climbed down and started toward us. I thought, "Well, this is what you get for being a Sir Galihad, an ole fashioned ass-whuppin". Much to my surprise and relief, they had just come over to check on their friend and then to laugh at him. The fellow I surmised was the Bossman just said "Take that cat on out of here so he wont hurt it after you leave, please". So that is just what I did, I took a tiny, 2 week old kitten home. This picture of him shows that he has grown just a little, from about 6 ounces to about 11 pounds. And he thinks I'm his daddy and my wife, his mommy. How can people be so cruel to such an innocent and tiny creature. It makes me think about what upbringing they had and how much suffering is someone or something having to endure at their homes. Sometimes it's a sad and shameful world we live in, I guess. AND YOU KNOW THAT CHAPS MY ASS!!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: