Saturday, January 24, 2009

Here's food for thought! What if this so-called "mortgage crisis" is a big scheme set up by the bank and mortgage companies just to set themselves up with a bonanza in real estate when the "crisis" is over? Has anyone thought of that? I haven't heard one person in the media bring this up as a possibility. If you don't think the crisis is real, just look around in whatever town you live in at the auction signs in the yards, the foreclosure notices in the local newspaper, and whatever other notification methods are used in your area. I sell (or lately, try to sell) construction materials to the new and lived in housing industry. My income has dropped drastically (about 40-50%) over the last 12 to 16 months and I don't see any end in sight. Permits that have been pulled for new construction gets put on hold because of the doubt in the job market. Every single day a new company announces layoffs or closings, leaving many employees jobless. One thing that I have noticed tho, the rental property construction is about the only thing going. Seems like some folks are in the know and are planning ahead. Hey, people have to live somewhere. I have lived the apartment life before and may have to again. I don't like having no say about who lives one wall away from me but you do what you must. I had to wait until I am a middle age man to learn to live for tomorrow and not just for today. I only hope I didn't learn too late. I have given away houses in divorces but would really hate giving this house to the bank. I hope a tornada hits it the next day if I do! This economy sucks!!! and that REALLY CHAPS MY ASS!!!

No comments: