Friday, January 05, 2007

Well,hell! Here I am again on the outs with yet another wife.(My 4th-and last). I got caught in a lie about one of my other ex-wives concerning having conversations with the ex-wife. We have a son together so that forever ties us together in whatever small way. So, on occasion, we have to have a conversation about OUR son. He is getting married in the spring of this year and I have to be involved in(pay for) the rehersal dinner. The ex wants to have a small informal barbeque at her residence. I really don't care where it is. But present wife absolutely refuses to take part in any gathering where the two of them have to interface. Especially if it is to take place at HER place. Her being the ex. I wish the present wife would understand that the ex-wife is the EX for a reason. WE DID NOT GET ALONG! And probably never will! I am too old to have to fight the jealousy battle and have no desire to be party to either's petty bullshit. I have therefore decided that I will provide the financial side of the dinner and delicately remove myself from further derision by not appearing. I WILL be at my only son's wedding even if the present and the ex are battling in the parking lot. And may the best one win! I can only hope to not embarrass myself OR my son. I guess I should have been a hermit like my dear mother predicted I would. And that,sorrowfully, really chaps my ass!!

No comments: